Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer and Stuff!!!

I know again it has been a long time but I consider myself as someone who doesn't have the talent to write what is on my mind in a way that can be interesting to other people. I figured that now that summer is over I can post pictures.

I have also been thinking a lot lately, well since the missionaries came and shared a message with us a few weeks ago, about what I am thankful for. There are the standard answers that we immediately think about like, family, job, friends, gospel, food etc. The missionaries challenged us to take a step back and think about what we are really thankful for besides the basic answers and to write them down. I have to admit that I didn't write my answers down but I think I have thought about it every day since they were here. One thing I am really thankful for is Challenges. I think that they make you stronger, and granted it sucks while you are going thru them but I have to keep thinking that maybe in the future, (hopefully the near future and not like 10 years from now) that we will learn from them and that it was necessary to have that challenge in order to be able to deal with another one that we will face. It gives me a new way to think about dealing with them now, I try to see the light at the end of the tunnel no matter how small it is and to keep pressing forward because it will be worth it.

K to get back to life!!! This summer was so much fun!! The kids and I went to Christina Lake right after school was done for the year and while we were down there we went to Silver wood down in Idaho and that was fun to although it was pouring rain, so we got return tickets and went back a few days later when the weather was way nicer!! While I was down there my sister Jenel and her kids came out too and they brought their pregnant dog Bella, whom Joryn absolutely loved and I was lucky enough to help Jenel deliver Bella's puppies!!! It was so neat. I stayed there for 2 weeks then we came back because Jayden had some Drs appointments in Calgary. While we were back we went to Waterton and met up with Justin's brother and his family and had fun spending the day. Later that week Justin surprised me with a trip to Radium, just me and him!! It was AWESOME!!!! (not to mention much needed). The next week was Joryn's 2nd birthday and we had some family over for cake and stuff and it was fun. The next day I packed up the kids and the van and went back to Christina Lake!! I was there for a week then I went to Pentiction and spent a day or two with Jenel and her family and make a quick trip to Kelowna to pick Justin up from the airport so he could spent the next week with us!

It was a busy but fun summer and I am glad that school is back in and we can have some kind of routine and normalcy back!!

Ok Ok I forgot to mention that I turned the big 30 this summer too!!

For pictures go here.

1 comment:

Alana said...

Wow, you guys didn't stay home much at all this summer! That's the way to do it though. I just saw your pics on facebook - looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Oh and Joryns hair in some of those pics cracks me up! Oh, and the puppy delivery pics were pretty cool...dogs are always cuter small!